Intuit Developer Group

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mechanism to delete or reset a sandbox

There NEEDS to be a way to delete a sandbox, or reset all the data to be up to date using a more current date range. The inability to do so SIGNIFICANTLY hinders our ability to develop against the QBO APIs.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When creating BillPayments, allow JournalEntries to be a linked transaction

Using the QBO interface, when making a payment on a bill (creating a bill payment), you are able to link vendor credits and journal entries via the linked transaction process. Unfortunately, when creating a BillPayment object via the API, you can not link a JournalEntry to the BillPayment. This feature would improve the API and make it more consistent with what the user expects from the QBO UI.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable delete a sandbox

We should be able to delete a sandbox

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Additional users on developer account

I have a developer working for me but no way to add him as a user on my dev account? And since the password is shared with my quickbooks, I can't even give him my password because it will give him access to my quickbooks.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Support associating PurchaseOrders and Bills

Support writing to LinkedTxn when updating a PurchaseOrder or Bill, so it's possible to associate them with each other through the API as done through the UI.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  7 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add ability to send PO to vendor via API

Now it's impossible to send PO to the vendor via API. I see that such requests were raised two years ago and still not implemented. At least add the ability to gather PDF document of the PO via API so we could send it ourselves.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. credit memo pdf

The API for invoices includes endpoints to email an invoice and to get a pdf of the invoice. The credit memo endpoints don't include this.

This is very much needed. it seems crazy to not have the same endpoints on credit memo and invoices. In my app I now can't give users a button 'get Credit Memo PDF', or 'Email Credit Memo'. They'd have to log in to QBO to do this and we want to restrict access to QBO.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. add node.js sdk

No payment sdk for node.js

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Payments API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a Tutorial for Journal Entries

Your documentation of manual journal entries is super sparse. Add a tutorial on doing manual journal entries. Especially include info on managing taxes with journal entries.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Update [Preferences] endpoint to include the Chart of Accounts 'Enable Account Numbers' setting

Currently (as far as I know) there is no way to determine if a Company has the Chart of Accounts 'Enable Account Numbers' setting set to true.

This means that if I query the GeneralLedger Report for a Company with 'Enable Account Numbers' = false, and request the [account_num] field, the query results will be messed up.
    - If the only column requested was '[account_num]' then the returned dataset will simply be all the default columns.
    - If '[account_num]' was requested among other columns, the returned data will have mis-matched column values (in one case klass_name was returned twice; the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Apps.com clone and edit country app cards

Copy & Edit from one country app card to next:
    Copying and then editing app description in app cards from one country to the next would be a big timesaver. A "Copy & Edit" option with country pull-down at the top would be great.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Intuit Developer Group

Feedback and Knowledge Base