I suggest you ...

Support associating PurchaseOrders and Bills

Support writing to LinkedTxn when updating a PurchaseOrder or Bill, so it's possible to associate them with each other through the API as done through the UI.

69 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Paul Canavese shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Muhammad Kamran Khan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We can create bill and Purchase order via the API but we cannot create the link between the Bill and the Purchase Order through the API as we create the bill from the Purchase order from the UI a link is created between them.

• Fred Willerup commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to piggyback off this one and suggest linking billable Bills and Expenses to Invoices. It is not currently possible to do this through the API and it is causing our clients some pain.

• Josh Bagnato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently the LinkedTxn information can only be read/qeried using the PO endpoint. The Bill endpoint should support LinkedTxn details for all POs and all POs should support Received QTY field to show partial or full payment.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am curious why the Online API Explorer would return different result then expected. Should it not be using the latest version (i.e. 3) and be validated against the published documentation?

• Paul Canavese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify, I think this is asking that the QBO API return a LinkedTxn list in the response including PurchaseOrders when querying a Bill object (as the documentation says it should).

The inverse would also be helpful: return a LinkedTxn list in the response including Bills when querying a PurchaseOrder object (as the documentation says it should).

Is there a way to tag this request to be in "Quickbooks Online API"?

Feedback and Knowledge Base