Intuit Developer Group

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mechanism to delete or reset a sandbox

There NEEDS to be a way to delete a sandbox, or reset all the data to be up to date using a more current date range. The inability to do so SIGNIFICANTLY hinders our ability to develop against the QBO APIs.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to create new sandbox with production data

I'm surprised no one has requested or asked about this!

It is greatly desired to have the ability to create a new sandbox using the production data; in other words a copy of the production data in a sandbox environment so that one can safely work in development with actual, existing data.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. API access to QBO user interface/web pages

Ability for an authenticated application to insert some limited UI elements in the QBO user interface and access the values of those elements through the API. Like a checkbox or dropdown on the invoice or the payment screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to create and manage purchase orders and/or work orders

Add ability to create and manage purchase orders and/or work orders in the same way you create and manage invoices, estimates, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Now the customer wants a refund. I provide a refund of the customer's money to them through cash and stripe. I want the refund to be linked

The customer wants a refund. I provide a refund of the customer's money to them through cash and stripe.
    I want the refund to be linked with Payment and Invoice. The balance should be reflected too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i need to integrate amazon

i want to integrate ecommerce portals like amazon sales, flipkart, etc etc. Can anyone help me on this?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mass

Mass class assign. Im an online store i do more than 400 order per day as invoiced
    m using quick books and i have 3 shippers ...
    i need to create a utility where i can mass assign class hope you can help

if we have to pay we are open to the idea

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow petty cash entries into the bank feed

Please vote for my idea!

If Quickbooks allowed the user to connect a cash account to the bank feed, petty cash transactions could be fed directly from POS software into the banking area. This would be incredibly useful because the user could use the match feature to identify missing receipts.

I currently use the manual "File Upload" facility to load and match petty cash transactions in the baking section. So this added feature would be one small step closer to the dream of a fully automated accounting system!.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Purchase Order Template - Make it customizable

Currently, it's not possible to customize the PO template and there is some archaic text still on it for someone to Approve with a signature and date. Since we mail PO's directly out of QBO, no one ever signs it. It's confusing to the vendor receiving the PO! They often come back and say "I don't see that this PO has been approved.". Our approvals are done through a third party requisitioning system.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. QuickBooks downgrade on SandBox to Starter or Essential

Provide a way to select our QuickBooks tier on the sandbox.
    Currently, the tier is locked on Plus. But there is no way to test with disabled feature (such as Class).
    I need to be able to downgrade a sandbox to Starter and Essential.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add account number field for customers and Suppliers in their account settings screen.

Hi

Our customers in South Africa requires an account number to be displayed on their invoices. One can manually add one to the invoice but there is no setting in the customer account settings screen to add one to display automatically. This is problematic. There is also not a field for the account number under Suppliers like in Sage. Our tax agency requires this. There is also not a VAT field for Suppliers which is also a requirement from our tax agency. All Supplier invoices and customer invoices MUST display the VAT numbers.

Also when importing data in a CSV…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. report

Add support to include custom field columns in API reports results

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. report

Add Support For Balance Sheet by Detail Report & Sales By Customer Detail report.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve Error Message: Invalid Reference Id: Invalid Reference Id : Categories cannot be used in transactions.

When a name conflict exists, an invoice transaction in the Quickbooks Online API results in the error: Invalid Reference Id: Invalid Reference Id : Categories cannot be used in transactions.

This error message contains no describing information that would help the customer identify the cause of the issue. Add to the error message the name of the category name conflict to help people track it down.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expose TAX Accounting Scheme through the API (Preferences)

You can determine whether sales tax is enabled, but not which scheme is in use (Cash or Accrual)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Credit Memo Needs Shipping Address

In order to properly calculate sales tax on a credit memo the shipping address is needed. Right now when you create a new credit memo it shows the customer's billing address. Unfortunately, this means you can't credit sales tax for the state it was delivered to. We would like to push the delivery address via the API but are unable to do so. Seems like an inherent flaw in how Credit Memos are designed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generate Purchase Order from Estimate

This is for the EXISTING 3rd party application: LMN. When an estimate is autopopulated in QBO from the 3rd party app, the function of generating a purchase order from an estimate doesn't carry over the information like it does when you initiate an estimate in QBO. I've reported this problem to the 3rd party and after a week of investigation, they said, "There aren't adjustments we can make on our end for it to fix it (kind of goes back to the whole we have to work with the API access that Intuit gives us, and until they open up…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Deleted records IDs List- QuickBooks Online API

Scenario.
    An example I have 50,000 invoices records. Each invoice may have 2-10 line items.
    We fetch Invoices records from QuickBooks Online using QuickBooks Online API.
    We store this information in a cache/local database.
    Next time when we try to fetch the records, I will only bring Invoices which are modified after my last fetch (referring the data in my cache)

I then delete a few invoices records using QuickBooks Online UI.

Next time when we try to fetch the records, I will only bring Invoices which are modified after my last fetch (referring the data in my cache)
    But…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need Export invoices in multi currency (i.e. foreign + INR) for GST refund purpose

We are Existing user of QB India, export oriented and applied for GST Refund. We generate invoices in foreign currency due export services, the same invoices we have submitted GST department with Refund application, but GST department demanded to submit the invoices as per GST prescribed format i.e. invoice should contain both the currencies in invoice USD and INR.

We had a call with WB customer care and got answer that in QBO we cant generate multiple currency invoices, hence we have to prepare all the invoice manually from July-17 onwards. Which is double work for us and very hectic.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Intuit Developer Group

Feedback and Knowledge Base