Intuit Developer Group

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Mechanism to delete or reset a sandbox

There NEEDS to be a way to delete a sandbox, or reset all the data to be up to date using a more current date range. The inability to do so SIGNIFICANTLY hinders our ability to develop against the QBO APIs.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow more than one user, not admin, to use a app.

The oauth server needs to be updated to allow more than one user, not admin, to use a app. Apps are more than just administration tools. Apps should be user context based, not solely company context.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to create new sandbox with production data

I'm surprised no one has requested or asked about this!

It is greatly desired to have the ability to create a new sandbox using the production data; in other words a copy of the production data in a sandbox environment so that one can safely work in development with actual, existing data.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. qbXML Command to Collapse/Expand reports

For QuickBooks Desktop reports such as general ledger report there isn’t any API command that can be used to retrieve whether expanded or collapsed transactions. In order to generate a collapsed or expanded report via the API, the user has to navigate to Company Preferences settings in QB GUI and check or uncheck the Collapse Transactions box. Furthermore, this option is not available on the Accountant version of QB and as a result the user is limited only to summarized reports. For transaction types such as General Journal, Credit Card Charge, Deposit, Bill, and Paycheck, if more than one customer…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  QuickBooks Desktop SDK (QBXML)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Generate Purchase Order from Estimate

This is for the EXISTING 3rd party application: LMN. When an estimate is autopopulated in QBO from the 3rd party app, the function of generating a purchase order from an estimate doesn't carry over the information like it does when you initiate an estimate in QBO. I've reported this problem to the 3rd party and after a week of investigation, they said, "There aren't adjustments we can make on our end for it to fix it (kind of goes back to the whole we have to work with the API access that Intuit gives us, and until they open up…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Purchase Order Template - Make it customizable

Currently, it's not possible to customize the PO template and there is some archaic text still on it for someone to Approve with a signature and date. Since we mail PO's directly out of QBO, no one ever signs it. It's confusing to the vendor receiving the PO! They often come back and say "I don't see that this PO has been approved.". Our approvals are done through a third party requisitioning system.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. API access to QBO user interface/web pages

Ability for an authenticated application to insert some limited UI elements in the QBO user interface and access the values of those elements through the API. Like a checkbox or dropdown on the invoice or the payment screen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve FAM Reporting

For Quickbooks Accountant Desktop, the Fixed Asset Manager reporting options are quite lacking. There is no way to resize/reorder/customize the report columns. There is also no way to create the reports in landscape orientation (though the help documentation says that you can) and the report data gets truncated. Please add some basic functionality to this.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Desktop SDK (QBXML)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Share how to access QBO api with excel vba

Share how to access QBO api with excel vba

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate TransferWise to QBO

As a business trading in multiple countries and currencies we use TransferWise borderless account. So does many other businesses due to their low fees. It would be very beneficial if QBO allowed us to link to our TransferWise account.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Payments API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Custom Fields available in the API

We are using QBO Advanced and custom fields in the customer record. Those fields are not exposed using the API or ODBC connection. Can you expose those fields please?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Online API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Provide an email for support

I can't write any question to support. It write's that I have to create a developers account. But I already have! When I try to access the page for writing a question it redirects me once more. It's an infinit loop...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments API  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Find a way to make sure AP users do not have access to the employee list

Right now a user with AP access can access the employee list with the employees SSN, pay rates, etc. The support line told me this is because someone might want to write a check to the employee for something other than payroll. Isn' t there a way to give them access to the first screen with name and address, but not to the screens with pay rates and other sensitive information?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. excel exports

QuickBooks limits Excel exports (Profit and Loss by Job) to 256 columns.
    My reports always have more than that.
    My Excel (Office 10) has 16,384 columns.
    How about eliminating the 256 column restriction in QB, and opening the export function up to - at least - half the columns available.
    8,000 +/-.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. You should be able to use Advanced Reporting on NFR licenses

If I as a developer, with an NFR license am supposed to develop Advanced Reports for a client, I can't because NFR licenses aren't allowed to use Advanced Reporting. They really ought be allowed, because otherwise as a developer I have to buy a quickbooks enterprise license just to make a report for my client.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to import tax data from an organizer to load into pro connect tax online. Automatically create a new client when data is imported.

API for Intuit pro connect tax online. Currently, Intuit has Lacerte SDK for developers to write the data but how can we create an interface to import tax data in proconnect tax online

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add ability to create and manage purchase orders and/or work orders

Add ability to create and manage purchase orders and/or work orders in the same way you create and manage invoices, estimates, etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Now the customer wants a refund. I provide a refund of the customer's money to them through cash and stripe. I want the refund to be linked

The customer wants a refund. I provide a refund of the customer's money to them through cash and stripe.
    I want the refund to be linked with Payment and Invoice. The balance should be reflected too.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Price Rule

I would like to be able to get the PriceRules out of the SDK. PriceLevels work but not rules.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  QuickBooks Desktop SDK (QBXML)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Intuit Developer Group

Feedback and Knowledge Base