Offer a QuickBooks Online Payroll API
QuickBooks Payroll commented
They Offer a complete array of features for payroll computerization.
QuickBooks Payroll commented
Payroll software can save you time, money and aggravation. Very helpful software. thanks for sharing such a great informative news.
John Humphrey commented
Would really like to see a Payroll API to allow us to integrate with our 401(k) recordkeeping platform. We have many customers that use your payroll solution, and this would really save our mutual clients lots of time. Please provide an ETA when possible.
Lance Whipple commented
This is really a very large gap in functionality between desktop and online. Our products have been integrating with QuickBooks desktop since 2001 (https://www.lathem.com/payclock-online/easy-payroll-integration). We have tens of thousands of small businesses using our time and attendance solutions, and large number of them have enjoyed the seamless integration between our desktop software and QuickBooks desktop. As our mutual customers migrate online, they are extremely dissatisfied with the deprecated integration options with regards to payroll. Since QBO does not allow time allocation to payroll items (REG, OT, PTO, etc.) we are forced to send total hours for each employee, and require the QBO user to manually break out by payroll item using a report from our system. Its very hard to explain to a customer why they have to perform manual operations on all employees, especially since many of them expect the same (or better) functionality than that of the desktop integration.
I understand you have a one-off relationship with T-Sheets that allows them full API access for payroll, but you really need to open this up to other developers, or publish a public statement that explains this situation. We are being forced to explain to customers why someone else can do it and we can't. Thank you for giving this situation the serious attention it deserves.
We have been waiting as well. This functionality has been available on the desktop version for nearly two decades.
I was told a year ago that this was planned and coming in 2017 - what is the ETA
Sooner the better
Kritopher Maher commented
Adding my voice to this one. We specialize in the integration of Restaurant/Hospitality POS systems with QuickBooks Desktop, Online and a number of other Financial and Payroll systems. We have a growing number of clients requesting integration with QBO. We have the ability to publish Sales, Receivables and Purchases to QBO but Time Entries for Payroll is the BIG gap.
Here are the two main issues:
1) QB Desktop is functional for the Hospitality industry because you can assign Payroll Items to Time Entries and import the Time Entries into the Payroll run to get the right labor distribution to separate Expense Accounts by job type (e.g. if an employee works 20 hours as a Cook and 20 hours as a Server, we can split the time to different Expense Accounts by using different Payroll Items). Most restaurants have employees working in multiple Job Types and want the labor expense posted to separate Accounts. QBO doesn't have an equivalent concept like QBDT Payroll Items that allows this type of functionality. Opinion - Fail!
2) Most POS systems have a Overtime Calculation engine in their system to handle the very complex OT rules in many states. QB Desktop allows us to post Time Entries to Payroll Items which can be configured as Regular or OT Wages. QBO does not have an equivelent concept as QBDT Payroll Items and so handling OT hours is a manual process. Opinion - Fail!
Honestly, QBO payroll is useless for the Restaurant/Hospitality Industry. The single-unit to small chain restaurants would flock to QBO if this functionality was available. They can't even hand-key their payroll into QBO since it won't support their needs.
My personal opinion is that for QBO payroll to meet the needs of this industry you need to add...
* The concept of Payroll Items just like QBDT
* The ability to assign Payroll Items to Time Entries just like QBDT
* The ability to pull hours by Payroll Item from the Employee Timesheets to the Payroll Check Run just like in QBDT
If you use a different concept, fine, but you need to handle the two use cases listed above.
Happy to talk with anyone at Intuit regarding these gaps in functionality.
Would love to see this soon.
Looking forward to this API
Please share an ETA if it is available. We are considering building an application and this capability is crucial for us.
David Arnold commented
Still great news. Has an projected ETA been established?
Great news! Very excited!
planned . nice
I am looking at either using Quickbooks or Paychex. If you had an API it would be hands down Quickbooks.
Josh Bird commented
I'm part of joltup.com which manages operations for thousands of locations across hundreds and hundreds of brands. These brands use our scheduling and time clock features and I too have to tell them to use a different payroll solution because you don't offer this api. How soon will this be available?
We would like to create a simple time web based clock app - not time tracking, literally employees could just log in to 'clock in' and 'clock out'. I understand that there is no API for this currently (though I up-voted for it too). Does anyone know of any other way to accomplish this?
when will this be available? We have integrations we would like to use with our Qkbks.
Joel Slatis commented
I'm the CEO of Timesheets.com. I can tell you that most of our customers who ask about QBO imports for time tracking want a payroll API. I currently have to advise customers against using your service for payroll because of the lack of a payroll item on your timesheets.
Rotem Rubnov commented
Is there an update on this topic? Is there an approximate future date for making such an API available for developers?